Thursday, April 14, 2011

Call me a Bitch!

It amazes me what people feel they can say to me or about me.   I use to trust people and believe that when people said they were your friend, loved you, believed in you, etc it meant that they were truly being there for you and had you best interest at heart.  However, time and time again I find myself mistaken.  This is my last rant and last defense of who I am.  After this point I am no longer going to because there is no reason for me to.

First I am blunt.  There is nothing wrong with me being blunt.  I am not mean blunt nor do I saw things that are hurtful.  Why then do people find them hurtful?  Probably because you know that whatever I am saying has truth and the truth can suck sometimes. 

Second I am not heartless.  I actually have a really big heart.  I am there for people over and over again.  I fight for others rights.  I am supportive and I will bend over backwards to be there and do what ever is needed.

Third I am not a bitch.  This is such a bull label that people put on those with a strong personality.  I do have a very strong personality and I am not ashamed of it.  I actually really like it. With my strong personality I am able to do things others cannot. 

Fourth just because I am a strong person doesn't mean that I don't have feelings.  I do have feelings and what you say that is negative towards me does effect me.

I don't lie to you and I would appreciate the same respect.  If you can't then I understand, but don't be surprised when I stop being there.  I am not a door mat nor am I willing to be kicked.  I refuse to be a victim, apologize, change, or do what you think I should because it makes you more comfortable.  If you can't respect me, support me, and love me as I am I ask for you to walk away now because I deserve better.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I don't know what is going on in your life but you must know some nasty people. :) I love you just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if they are nasty or just think they know better. Don't worry though because I found the strength to move on. Thanks Shan! We so need to get together and catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete