Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Wouldn't Change It for ANYTHING

Life has been an amazing adventure since I moved to DC.  There have been moments where I have thrown my hands in the air and prepared to pack and head home, but every time I have there have been these amazing calm moments of pure joy and peace reminding me why I am here.  I have learned to appreciate and cherish these moments because no matter what life throws at me these moments remind me everything that I need to know.

The first moment I remember is when I touched down on the plane.  I looked out the window and I had an overwhelming since of happiness and home.  Then I stepped off the plane and experienced the storm as life happened, but again after a deep breath and a good friend's ear I was able to recognize the feeling of being home.

The second moment I remember is sitting in church looking up at a speaker and having a sense of familiarity.  Soon again life happened and I lost track of this moment until I again sat down took a deep breath and closed my eyes.  The feeling of familiarity came flooding back.

The third moment I remember is after a long day at my internship and I was overwhelmed and burned out for the day.  The metro was a fifteen minute wait and all I wanted was to be in bed.  As I looked past the tracks an overwhelming sense of peace came reassuring me that I am exactly where I am meant to be right now. I took a deep breath and enjoyed the moment.  Soon after life happened and I found myself questioning my decision to move clear across the country from my family and friends.  Before I could even take a deep breath this moment came back and I realized I am exactly where I am meant to be.

The fourth moment I remember happened long before I came to DC.  I remember waking from a dream with a sense of hope, joy, and love.  Since this dream has happened life has occurred.  I find myself struggling to remember this moment at times, but again and again it comes back to me and I fear nothing.  

These are four moments in comparison to the millions of moments that I have recently had, but they make all the other moments come back into perspective. If I didn't have life happen I would never appreciate the moments where I am given a since of home, familiarity, hope, joy, love, and an overwhelming feeling of being where I am meant to be.  I wouldn't change my life for anything!  That is how I know I am blessed and how I know I truly am experiencing happiness!!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment