Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Part of the Journey is Letting Go

Over the last few days I have found myself in a state of reflection.  Noticing that I am yet again not happy with who I see when I am looking in the mirror.  I don't dislike the person because of looks, but because of the actions of that day.  So instead of loathing myself I decided to first forgive myself then to move on with the journey I began a few months ago.  
I decided a few months ago not to back down from who I am again.  I love and cherish diversity because it is what gives life, life.  I made a decision to give myself a something to look at that would show me who I am when I have forgotten.  So many things contributed to this decision mostly I felt there was so much background noise that I couldn't hear my own heart so now I see on my left shoulder who I know I am.
As I have tried to let the people in my life see me I noticed a few were adamant in not seeing who I truly was and this is when I decided to let them go in my life.  It wasn't an easy decision, but it is one that I can say without doubt was necessary.  However, I have noticed one person who continually holds me back.  Do they intentionally hold me back?  Honestly I don't know, but a word of wisdom so simply put brings me to where I need to be again:  "Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option"~ Maya Angelou.  I have decided to truly let go so I can move on.  I know it is time to say farewell to some loved people in my life because I am no longer accepting being the option.
I have come to except what I cannot change, learned to let go of what wasn't meant to be, and have begun to fight for what I deserve.  I am not an obligation, after thought, back up plan, or waiting around any longer.  Here's to a new day, new hope, and a bright future filled with opportunity and love.
Here's to the journey I started so many months ago and refuse not to continue with my head held high.

No comments:

Post a Comment