Saturday, March 31, 2012

Think twice to speak once

"Do you like your job?  You don't seem very chipper?"  This was said to me today and my response was I am sorry.  The person walked out of my lobby and my eyes filled with tears.  I sat stunned at the fact that a person could say two sentences full of so much judgment when they had no idea what I was going through.  Was I mean? No, but I wasn't overly chipper and smiling.  For about thirty minutes this continued to stew making my eyes stay filled with tears. Even now as I write this there are tears in my eyes here is why..

"In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see" although my world seems to be perfect on the outside there is an inner sorrow that everyone doesn't see.  I carry it locked inside because it is a sorrow I must go through.  It isn't going to kill me or be something that is a big deal to most, but for me sometimes it effects my ability to be the happy out going me.  Today was one of those days I needed the compassion that wasn't there.

So I continued to stew until again that sentence came into my mind with the remainder of lyrics; "In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see.  Who am I to judge another Lord I would follow Thee."  Chances are the person who said this is having just as hard of a day as I am and knowing how much this hurt I decided not to say anything.  I still wish this person would have thought about this before they said what they said, but then to follow in the Lord's footsteps I need to forgive and let it go.

I know there are days where I am not the nicest person or I could have not said something, but I cannot go back and change that now.  So for me this has become my motto "sometimes we make judgments and say things we cannot take back without knowing more that what we see so think twice to speak once before the words you say can never be taken back."

No comments:

Post a Comment