Sunday, June 20, 2010

Clarity

Do you ever have those moments where there is just complete clarity?  Where you have been fighting a truth for so long and then it just dawns on you?  Today I had that.  It hit me at the strangest moment, but none the less it hit.  One second I was laughing the next I was crying.  Although I felt as if a rug was pulled out from under me it didn't hurt as bad as I thought.  Yeah it hurt, but at the same time there was peace.
The tender mercies of the Lord come to comfort and strengthen.  It is this that I find myself most grateful for.  The clarity I received isn't the answer that I wanted yet He gave it in the most gentle way.  Reminding me of the wonderful aspects of who I am.  Not the me everyone tends to see, but the real me. 
Today in Relief Society we talked about the Saviors life.  The teacher did this in a fresh way.  What she had us do is remember a story of Christ's life and connect it with an experience in our life.  The story I felt related to my life was the one with the adulterous  woman.  It isn't because I am committing adultery.  It is because of my life.  See something I realized  was that I have been allowing the judgments and condemnation of others to make me feel like I am not worthy of anything good.  I sit with my held hanging low because I feel as though I do not deserve respect or love.  I actually believe that I am not a good person.  However today  I realized that Christ has paid the price.  He knows my past and has told me to sin no more.  He is allowing me to walk away and become better.  He is allowing myself to see the mistakes I make and change me ways.
I will no longer condemn myself or allow myself to believe I do not deserve the great blessings that are in store for me.  I am going to allow myself to reach the potential that is staring me in the face.  I am working on my imperfections and I am trying to perfect myself through the Atonement of my Savior.  To my Father in Heaven and my Savior I do answer for the things in my life that I do, but I will not answer for the judgments or ideals others place on me. 
Clarity comes in the moments we need it not when we want it.  It isn't always the clarity we want either, but it is a loving Heavenly Father guiding His children.  That truth I cling to knowing He sees more than me and at all times loves me!

1 comment:

  1. I think my teacher in RS did something similar today (but I left early so I didn't get to hear it all). Good lessons to learn!

    ReplyDelete