Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm not better or worse. I am just ME!

No matter what happens in life there is always going to be opposition. It is this opposition that makes life. It is the key element to helping us return home. This opposition gives us knowledge, strength, and hope. We hope for things to work out in our favor and we hope that we will just make it through.

This hope is key to overcoming everything. It is through this hope that we come closer to our Heavenly Father and back on the path to being our true selves. While we are here we face the natural man. It is the part of us that turns away from our core to one of the world. It seems brighter, stronger, and even worth more, but honestly it darker, weaker, and worth absolutely nothing.

We must decide which we will let be who we are. As the last few weeks have helped me to decide who I am. I am not the person that people say I am. I am not the person who gets so caught up that I miss that point. I am not going to apologize for who I am or be accountable for others mistakes. I will be accountable for who I am and what I do and if I need to I will apologize, but I am done trying to be someone I am not.

At a moment of weakness this last week I thought that I was never going to be me. I noticed that lately I keep turning to be something that I'm not. I found myself doubting every decision I have ever made and not willing to stand up for myself. It hit me that I can't force people to see me as me. They either see me for me or they see me for something other then what they want me to be. The fact of the matter is I will always be me.

I am blunt, but not cruel. I am strong, but not tough. I am sarcastic, but not mean. I am me, but not the me you want me to be. I am done apologizing for who I am and the personality that I have. If you don't like it then you don't need to be around it. I don't need to sell myself for others to accept me. The people in my life who are really there see me for who I am and love me for ME!

This also goes towards my love life. I am done trying to sell myself for a guy to see how great I am. I know there is a guy out there for me who will see me for me and think DAMN why has no one snatched this girl. Until then I will hold my head high and keep going.

I will apologize for my mistakes, but not who I am. I will not be someone you think I should, but I will be true to myself. I will take responsibility for my mistakes, but not for the mistake of others. Most importantly I will stick to my core and my values. I will stand up for what is right and not back down. Amidst all that I have experienced I know that I have done my best and given my all.

1 comment: