Saturday, May 1, 2010

Grateful Amazement!

“We know the Lord has laid high responsibility upon us, and there is not a wish or desire that the Lord has implanted in our hearts in righteousness but will be realized, and the greatest good we can do to ourselves and each other is to refine and cultivate ourselves in everything that is good and ennobling to qualify us for those responsibilities.” Eliza R. Snow

I am so amazed at the love the Lord has for me. I also am amazed by His ever encompassing guidance in my life. These last few months have been filled with growing experiences. It has taken me this long to call them growing experiences, but none the less I have learned so much.

I have found myself time and time again asking why me. Why has the Lord given me so great responsibility? Does He know who He has given this to? Seriously I think He has me confused with someone else because He can’t really believe I am this strong? The answer to all of this is yes He absolutely knows who I am and that is why I have such great responsibility. The responsibilities I have been given are not always easy to perform. There are times I find myself pleading for His understanding in my afflictions because I cannot do what I know I need to. At these moments He gently raps His arms around me and lets me cry into His lap. Then He dries the tear, lifts me back on my feet, and encourages me onward.

I know that Heavenly Father is aware of the righteous desires of my heart. Someday they will come, but until then I am to prepare myself and carry upward and onward. I am learning that in His refinement I am able to see Him in me. I am grateful that amidst the fire around me He knows when to pull me out. Even when I get upset and plead for Him to pull me out early He does what is best and waits until the time is right. I am blessed and my faith continues to grow. A friend once told me you can’t grow without the growing pains. This statement is true! I want to add that down the road these growing pains are worth having because then you appreciate the end result!!!!

I found myself loosing sight of this last little while, but again my Father and Brother were there to remind me. I am who I am and I will not be ashamed. For inside my heart and eyes you will see the person they know me to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment