Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Power of I LOVE YOU!!!!!

So this weekend brought sad news. Two people that I had met on my mission returned to their Heavenly Father. Both were unexpected and tragic losses. As I have reflected back on this I thought about others in my life and I wondered if I have told them how I feel about them. We truly don't know how long others or ourselves have on this earth so shouldn't we tell them everyday? I think the biggest regret are the words we wanted to say, but we didn't.

There is so much power in the statement I love you. When someone is down it can and will lift their spirits. If they feel alone it will help them to feel someone else by their side. It dries tears and sometimes creates them. It is the greatest way to over come hate. Love is what gives us hope admist our deepest darkness.

I am grateful for the experiences that I have had with love. Family, friends, and strangers have all shown me love and I am better because of it. It is what I clinge to in my hardest moments and what I cherish every moment and chance I get. I still remember the moment that I realized that love is more then just words, but still needs to be spoken. I was talking with my Mission President and I told him how much I loved the Elders I was serving around. He looked at me and smiled then we talked about how they wouldn't be able to know exactly how much I loved them because of all they did for me. It was also the same reversed. I wouldn't ever know fully how much they loved and appreciated me. I reflected back on my mission, kept it in mind through the remainder of my mission, and even use it now. Sometimes we love others so much and they need to hear the words, but they will also remember the actions that showed them how deep the love went.

Love can move mountains, create a home, save a life, and heal a broken heart. It is why we were brought to this earth and how we will return to our Heavenly home. It is something so powerful that we should share it with everyone that we have in our lives. So today and everyday let those who are in your heart know exactly how you feel because what were to happen if they weren't there tomorrow? Would they know? Could you live with not knowing if they did? I know I couldn't and so that is why I won't take love for granted anymore. If you are reading this know that I love you and am grateful for everything you have done for me in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment