Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time and Time again!

I love the little reminders in our lives. The reminders of why we are here, who we are, and where we ultimately want to end up. Last week I was able to talk to a really good friend of mine and I was so grateful for the added insight that she gave me.

We first discussed our first common trial, being single. It isn't bad that we are single both of us are actually enjoying it, but still deep inside we want to experience marriage. Like so many of us are told that our future companions are being prepared. Sometimes we just see it as there are things they need to do before they get to us, but she put a twist on it. Both of us have a unique talent that is sometimes overwhelming. We are special, chosen, unique, and precious daughters of our Heavenly Father. He knows what we need and since we are so special then He wants to make sure that our future husbands can be that for us. This goes on both ends the ones we will marry are also special, unique, and chosen sons of our Heavenly Father. We need to be prepared for them as well. This will make it so together we will be able to do the Lords work completely.

Second we talked about being grateful for our gifts and talents. Sometimes they seem so overwhelming and we wonder why me, but when we stop and really look at it we should be saying "THANK YOU!!!" I have thought about this the last few days and I can feel a new understanding. Heavenly Father trusts me so much that He has made it so His other children feel comfortable and safe in confiding in me. Not only that, but I can usually help them understand or see the answer that was there. Then from the things I am learning from others or helping them with now will help others in the future. That is something to be grateful for and feel blessed about.

Third we talked about not second guessing ourselves. We know how the Spirit speaks to us and so we need to listen to it. Even when others might say we are paranoid, naive, or being stupid we need to realize and take a stand for what we know. She laughed at me and called me soft because I started to loose the confidence I have had in my "gut". It was an eye opening experience that twice in the time we were talking I knew we needed to move, but it wasn't until she said something that I would agree and say I felt it too.

Throughout the conversation and as I have thought back to it in the time since I realize how cunning Satan really is. He wants us to feel alone, overwhelmed, and to have us put ourselves in compromising circumstances, but no matter how much he tries it is up to us. For everything that Satan throws at us there is something stronger shielding us. We can decide how we take the trials in our lives. We can choose to be miserable or we can choose to be happy. If we listen and ask for the help to overcome it will come. I have witnessed this time and time again. I am again so grateful for my Heavenly Father and the fact that He knows me completely. I am grateful for who I am and the chances that I have to be refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment