Wednesday, April 15, 2009

So as I sat in my office this morning my attention was brought to our current status in America. I know that things are rough and not going as we all would like it to, but I find myself surprisingly at peace. I am not naive about everything going on I am just holding on to the promises that Heavenly Father has made. Prophesy has been given of our day and time. We know that things were going to get rough. We are being prepared for the Second Coming so why fear?

We have been given the tools to get through these rough times, but it is us who have chosen to ignore or to procrastinate that counsel. We are told to stay out of debt, have a food storage, get an education, pay our tithes, and live worthy of the covenants we have made. If we are working on or having these with a sincere heart the Lord knows and will help us. It doesn't mean life won't be hard or have its trials. Oppostion in all things, but it means that we will have the reassurance and strength to get through the task at hand.

I know I am not perfect and ready for the things at hand, but I am putting forth the effort and trying to get there. That is what we are asked to do. We just need to follow the counsel we are given even when we don't fully understand why. If we do the things that just seem so simple, like bath in the Jordan River, we will be okay and we will be prepared for whatever is next.

1 comment: